Monday, June 06, 2011

Are MAC really secure? What's the Word on the Street?

Word on the street and even with us geeks is:

"Buy a Mac and you'll never get hacked!" 
(do you believe this or not... leave comment)

Well, "never" is a strong word... I never believed this and after reading an article in Time Business & Tech by Harry McCracken (sounds like a pun in the name but that's really his name), I see that even the geeks (Harry's a geek) can't believe it's happening on their Macs! (See Time Business & Tech, June 2nd, 2011)

Hacking, Phishing, Trojans, Viruses, etc... aren't just happening to Windows users... It happens to everyone! Quite honestly, I think that its happening more to Macs than the users think. The worst attacks are the ones that go undetected "under the hood". A Mac user tends to be more savvy so where they are vulnerable is the fact that they are having things happen in places in their computer that happens to be more stealth because they are typically not expecting it. One hack on your contact list and someone owns all your contacts. One Trojan Horse on your login and suddenly the hackers in your bank account.

This is all my opinion but I'm just saying... "I wouldn't go without security on any of my computers! Including my Mac!"

By all means! For any security questions or solutions, feel free to give CAP5 a call for us to come out, for free, and just take a look at what you are doing and make suggestions... It never hurts to know what you don't know! It's certainly safer to be safe than sorry!

CAP5 Technology Solutions
www.capfive.com
713-979-5280
sales@capfive.com (fastest response!)

1 comment:

CMIT Solutions of Houston said...

I believe it! Then again, I wrote it!